Thursday, August 18, 2011

Church in Swedish? Lets give it a try.


So it was my first full weekend off and I had no sunday plans, so I figured why not go to this beauitful church I pass by everyday.

I saw on the sign that the service was at 11am and I thought it would be a good way to get me going in the morning. I got to the church, Maria Magdelena, around 10:45 am and there were probably 15 people in the church, which was quite large.

By time the service started there was probably 40 people, maybe but still not many. Guess church isnt big in Sweden. The whole service was in Swedish, so I couldnt understand much except numbers, and thanks. It was a typical catholic service, filled with songs that sounded even prettier in Swedish than english, and the women behind me had a lovely voice which helped. The service lasted around an hour and afterwards I walked around the property, because there is a nice little cemetary there.
(There is me in my sunday outift... all Camilla Wellton clothes)

After that I headed downtown to go to this Kulturhusset, which I had randomly discovered online while looking for a library. It is a culutural house, as the name means, basically it has galleries on every floor, a film and sound library, a cafe, a theater, they have artist studios. It was pretty cool, it also is right off T-centralen, so the windows overlook the main part of town.


I went in all the galleries, and got to the stop of the building and discovered an outdoor cafe which had a great view and the weather was amazing, so I got a sandwich and sat there eating my lunch.

Im so happy that I went to this art center, the exhibits were great. One of them a collection of pictures of women living in Denmark who are suffering in their marriage because Denmark has a rule that if you move to Denmark through marriage and you get divorced within the first 7 years you can get deported. So these women are getting abused and torrmented but they cant leave their husbands without being sent out of the country, without their kids and their whole new life. The portraits were stunning, beautifully taken but you could feel the pain that these women feel as well.

Anyway I wont sit here and talk about the art anymore. After the gallery I needed to go look for blank Cds to make portfolios to bring to London with me, which took me down the main shopping street and since I hadnt gone shopping but once before when Alexis was in town, and the huge summer sales were ending. I decided to take a look.

I found some really great stuff at a cheap price and bought a dress, pants and a skirt. :) A long maxi skirt like I had been looking for for 8 bucks. Its great. I found cds also! yay! Mission accomplished. I headed home to get some homework done and to get some much needed relaxation in.

(Look haller is a world in Swedish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment