Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Friday at Drottingholm


Friday morning and the plan is to spend the day in Drottingholm. In the morning I had to finish packing and getting ready for London. Around noon Elin called me and said that she was done with physical therapy and ready to go to Drottingholm. I met up with her at the soccer stadium, and then we drove over to Drottingholm, stopping at the grocery store first to get food for a picnic lunch. When we got to Drottingholm we walked around looking for a place to sit and eat. We found a great place with a wonderful view of the palace and the gardens.

The day was wonderful and there werent that many people, so it was an all together relaxing lunch.
(where we sat and ate lunch)


Once we finished our lunch we took our blanket back to the car, and then went inside the palace. It really does look like a mini Versaille.


All the rooms were a single color scheme and there was marble everywhere. We walked around the gardens after the inside of the palace. Elin had to go home to help her mom with something. But I still wanted to hang around the area. So I stayed and walked around the grounds a little, and then went to the Chinese Pavillion, which is said to be one of the biggest collections of oriental and roccoco elements.

It was really cool inside. And on the outside as well. Unfortunately I had to rush through due to the fact that the last boat left for Stockholm at 5pm. I walked through the gardens back to the boat and just caught it. It was about an hour boat ride through the archipelago back to the city, a wonderful end to the day.


I walked home through a part of the old city I had never been in before, which has the church where all the kings and queens are burried, its the oldest building in Stockholm.


Once I got home made myself dinner and went to bed around 9pm so that I could wake up at 4am for my flight to London! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment