Saturday, August 13, 2011

The day after...



Im a free woman. It feels weird. I woke up and wondering what should I do today. Its all over. The show is done. So I woke up slowly, made myself tea and started talking to Dan, one of Eva's friends who is visiting. He told me they were going Vaxholmen, an island which is about an hour by boat, I had been meaning to go sometime and they said I could join them so I figured why not. So we all got ready and hopped on the boat.

(Dan, Ori and I on the boat)

(On the long boat ride, Dan)

It was an hour ride through the archipelago which is so stunning. When we got off the boat we were hungry, so we headed straight for this restaurant that Eva knew. It was super cute, we sat outside on the roof, there were couches and the food looked amazing and there was a nice view.

(Dan, Eva and Ori)

And the weather today was so perfect. I just got to enjoy my day. I loved it. The food was delicious and atmosphere helped. After taking our like to enjoy lunch we walked through the town, taking pictures and just relaxing.
Eva and Ori wanted to go home after walking around a bit, but Raphael, Dan and I wanted to rent bikes and see the rest of the island. So Dan and I went to the bike place thinking the others were following but when we got there, they were not behind us, turns out they had decided that they were going to go back to town. I decided that since they were all going home that I would stay on the island longer, I might as well see more of it while I was there. So I went back to the bike place and rented a bike on my own. And set out to explore the island. I just kinda bike aimlessly, I ran into a cemetery in the woods, it was so peaceful that I just stood there taking long breaths just feeling the peace of the place and the peace inside me now that the show was over.

The whole day was this beautiful feeling of a weight lifted. After the cemetery I followed the road through a little foresty area to a camp ground which had a little beach.

There were lots of people of the beach and in the water, I wanted to test the water, so I walked right in. And let me tell you I don't know how people swim in that water. It is soo cold.

I got to my knees and I was freezing. Then I laid down on the beach for while. Feeling the sun on my skin. After staying there for about a half hour I needed to head back, since I still wanted to explore before I had to return the bike. I bike around the town and down little random paths finding cute little beaches, and houses. After about an hour of biking around I headed back to return the bike. And after returning it I saw the boat that was headed to Stockholm, it was on the other side of the dock where i was, which was atleast a 7 minute walk, so I walked quickly. And as I got close they started to close the boat up, and I was like wait for me, they motioned for me to run, so I did and I made it on to the boat. An hour ride back and I was ready to fall asleep. All the sun and activity plus the long day yesterday and all the long days all summer had caught up to me.
(look at all those hot air balloons)

I came home, made dinner and spent the rest of the night in, organizing my room, listening to new Swedish music and updating my blog for all of you. Bed time now. Ill sleep well tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment