Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To London I go.


4am and Im awake, and getting ready for my trip. I throw on clothes, make sure I have everything, grab some cereal and head to the subway which opens at 5, although I got there early, at like 4:30am and it was running, so I hopped on. I was the only one on the subway.


Which was a first time. I got to T Centralen and it wasn't even open yet, and as I was about to leave the station to walk the round about way to the bus station, they opened the gates. I got to the bus a half hour before I was planning on it and hopped right on and got to the airport in an hour and a half. I was really sleepy on the bus, but when I wasn't falling asleep, I saw some beautiful views of the countryside.


When I got to the airport I couldn't even check in yet because I was so early. So I got some breakfast and tea and just sat for an hour or so. I actually tried to go through security 2 times and they were like you are too early. Which I thought was odd, Ive never had that happen before. Once they did let me go in to the gate, everything went smoothly. I made it to London, although Im not sure if I like Ryanair, its cheap but all they do the whole time is try to sell you things, lottery tickets, passes for attractions in the city you are going to, nicotine gum. Its odd. Anyway I got there and got a ticket for the train and it took 45 minutes for me to get into London. My phone wasn't working to call Adam so I was emailing him, but my phone would only show me the first few words of the email, making it very hard to communicate with him. He sent me a message to meet him at Oxford Circus, so I headed there and sure enough once I got out of the station there stood Adam Towers! It was so exciting to see him! I miss him! Turns out Alex had problems with his flight so he would be a little later than me. Adam and I went to lunch and while we were at lunch Alex said he landed and was on his way into town. So we went back to the same spot where Adam had met me and met Alex up there. It was so odd to have the 3 of us meeting, all from different countries, friends from Savannah. We took Alex's stuff to Adam's place and I got my stuff ready to go to Junky Styling to meet with them about internships and just to learn about the company. Alex and Adam decided to join me because Junky Styling is on Brick Lane a very trendy part of London, the artsy area of town. While I was in Junky they got a beer nearby.
(Me outside of Junky Styling)

Junky was a little dissappointing because the man I was supposed to meet with wasnt there, and he had told me that the night before, and everyone was really busy when I got there. So I talked with the owner for maybe 20 minutes and looked at the studio breifly, and the store and gave them my portfolio and resume. Although it wasn't what I was hoping for in terms of meeting with them, it was still good to show them how interested I am and get a face to a name. After that I met back up with the boys and we walked around Brick Lane area a little more, went in a few shops. Then we went to Adam's work to meet some people and just see where he works. It was a really cool studio and a lot of young people work there.


They were all very friendly and Adam seems to fit in really well. We hung out there for a bit and then went home to change for dinner. We went to Vapianos for dinner, it was yummy. After dinner I suggested we go to Big Ben. It was beautiful at night as I remembered.


We stood on the bridge for a bit just taking it in and then we wanted to go on the London Eye to see the whole city at night. We got the last tickets of the night and got on the eye for a spectacular view of the city.


After getting off we went over to Westminster Abbey and just sat outside it talking and taking it in.


It was really cool because no one else was around it was just us with a view of the Abbey and Parliament and the London Eye. By this time we were quite tired so we headed back to Adams place and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment