Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stockholm Pride

So what have I been up to. After Alexis left I spent the whole weekend sewing with Camilla, and after sewing recovering from the long week. On monday and tuesday I worked all day and then came home and worked on homework. I got paper from the art store to start working on my final process book. And started drawing. :) I also had to go to a fabric store for Camilla and it is amazing... I will go back there and get a ton of swatches, they have great fabrics, some made by local designers. Its awesome.
(Guess people are spring cleaning because there are tons of these bags everywhere... with lots of wood scraps in them... I have been carrying a lot of wood home with me to make my book for senior 1)

(Just thought Id show off my new sweater vest I bought here)

Wednesday was a big day. We sewed all day and then it was time for yoga. Camilla had been telling me all about this yoga for weeks now. Saying that I needed to go. So Diana and I decided to try it out. They let us in for free to test it out, and boy was it intense. It was an hour and a half and afterwards my body felt like jello. The instructor taught almost the whole class in english because me and another guy spoke english, its really crazy how in Sweden, they will teach a yoga class in english for 2 people, where like the 20 others speak swedish. Its so odd to me, I felt a little bad. After yoga despite the fact that I wanted to lay down and not get up for hours I decided to go downtown for the Stockholm Pride concert. Apparently Stockholm has one of the biggest gay pride celebrations. There are rainbow flags everywhere, almost every store, all the busses, all the streets. And they were having a free concert with 5 rock bands downtown. So I figured why not spend the night listening to free music. I got down there and there were a lot of people, and the band played 3 or 4 songs and then it was done, and they had to set up for the next band.
I waited to hear the next band and while I did I just people watched. There were some very interesting people there. The greatest thing I saw was a couple in rainbow onesies. I wish I had gotten a picture.

(I did get this picture though.. and its great. Atleast she is a responsible parent even though she is bringing her kid to a rock concert)

After listening to the next band for a bit I walked my sore body home and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment