Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grona Lund!


What does one do when you only have 2 days left in the city? That was the question.

On Thursday morning I needed to wash my sheets and the carpet from my room so I spent the morning doing that, as well as carrying a heavy package 10 blocks to the post office because it wouldn’t fit in my bags. After that was done I had nothing left to do but relax. Izabelle told me that she was taking her sister to Grona Lund, the amusement park all day. Since I had only gone one time and ridden one ride only, I thought it sounded fun. The park didn’t open until 3pm, and around 1pm I decided that I wanted to bike there to meet them, but I expected it to take me longer than it did. So I biked around the city a bit and then went and sat near the water with a nice view of Stockholm. I was right near the Vasa Museum and had some time till I was meeting Izabelle, so I went inside.

I remembered seeing it but I didn’t remember it being so impressive. Its really really cool. I see why all the guidebooks say that it’s a must see. I spent an hour or so just walking around the ship. It’s amazing that it is so perfectly preserved. It’s rare to see a wooden ship like that looking so good. By the time I was done looking, Izabelle had texted me saying they were a few minutes away. I hopped back on my bike and rode over to Grona Lund.


We bought a day pass for all the rides, and boy oh boy did we use it. The day was a little gloomy, it looked like it may rain and there was also a concert going on that evening so barely anyone was in line for the rides. It was awesome. We barely waited at any of the rides. We must have gone on at least 10 rides within the first 2 hours.



There was one crazy ride that I can’t even explain to you but you get tossed around a lot and I got a bruise from it on my stomach. The scary part about these rides isn’t that they are scary, because they are a lot more tame than those at an amusement park in the states, its that all these rides are like right next to the water. There was a ride that you just go straight up and then drop and at the top it was the best view of Stockholm I have seen. I really wished I could have taken a picture. It’s too bad I had to drop. J Around 6pm we were hungry and feeling a little nauseas from all the rides. By this time Mathilda, Isabelle’s older sister, had met us there with their little brother who is 3 years old. Her little brother loved this artist who was performing so they brought him to see him, it was his first time at the amusement park. He was so cute. We ate dinner, and dessert, of cotton candy. Which is not called candyfloss in Sweden! It’s called Sockervadd. Not as fun.


Then we headed over where the concert was going to be, it was full of young girls with Eric Saade written all over their faces, and screaming. It was crazy. We listened to the concert for 2 or 3 songs and then went to ride more rides; Mathilda and her brother watched the concert.


We rode the ride that gave me the bruise again and this time at the end we got stuck upside down and they had to have 3 guys come over and push it up. It was funny. We also rode the bumper cars 2 times. When the concert was about to end we got Mathilda and her brother and went on a few more rides with them.

By this time it was 10pm and I still had to bike home. I biked all the way back and when I got back Izabelle texted me and said they had just gotten out of the parking lot. That’s how many people was this entire concert. So crazy, because I live on the other side of Stockholm and I beat them on bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment